United Way of Greater St. Louis (United Way) mobilizes the community with one goal in mind—helping people live their best possible lives. United Way identifies critical issues and unmet needs, builds collaborations with the public and private sectors to meet those needs, and works to support a strong regional safety net - creating a stronger, healthier, and more equitable region. United Way unites people of different backgrounds and interests who work together to help strengthen health and human services in Missouri and Illinois.
United Way of Greater St. Louis - Community Investment Division, through the oversight of our Regional Investment Committee and utilization of trained community volunteers:
• ensure funding opportunities support local nonprofits with a proven ability to meet the community’s needs and make a lasting impact in our region
• allocate funds raised through the annual campaign to support a strong network of quality safety net agencies throughout Missouri and Illinois
• ensure ongoing stewardship of the community’s dollars
• support capacity building initiatives that help position nonprofits to be stronger
• ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of impact for our safety net agencies, to ensure quality and accountability