Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
100 Neediest Cases Office Volunteer
100 NEEDIEST CASES OFFICE VOLUNTEER – JOB DESCRIPTION
The 100 Neediest Cases program serves to assist thousands of needy families during the December holidays by distributing cash and gift donations throughout the Greater St. Louis area. The 100 Neediest Cases help those in need during the Holiday season in our community two ways -- First we collect funds and distribute monetary donations to families and individuals (those in need); Second, we assist community Donors (those who want to help) to adopt needy families and provide gifts and other assistance.
Volunteers are an integral part of the 100 Neediest Cases Program’s success. It is because of volunteers that every dollar raised is allocated to families in need. The 100 Neediest Cases office volunteers assist donor requests for adoptions, enter donations into the 100 Neediest Cases database, answer phone calls and email messages, review thousands of stories to determine the cases that appear in the Post Dispatch, and provide overall support for the program each day.
Approximately 4- 5 hours one day per week during office hours (Monday – Friday) at the United Way of Greater St. Louis office during the months of September 2018 through mid-January 2019 (approximately 15 weeks). In addition, volunteers participate in:
- Volunteer Training = 2 - 3 hours (scheduled in September 2018
- Volunteer Thank You Luncheon = 1 ½ hours (scheduled in February 2019)
As 100 Neediest Cases volunteers may have access to data records and other information about clients and/or donors, volunteers MUST have a background screening check performed to demonstrate that we are meeting best practices in volunteer program administration.
Due to its sensitive nature, information obtained throughout the 100 Neediest Cases program and processes must be kept confidential. All 100 Neediest Cases volunteers must sign and submit the United Way of Greater St. Louis Confidentiality Agreement Form for the 100 Neediest Cases Program, which acknowledges volunteers’ access to confidential information and agreement of nondisclosure.
The 100 Neediest Cases office volunteer fulfills the following responsibilities:
- Make a commitment to attend all trainings/meetings
- Make a commitment to perform volunteer tasks on scheduled weekdays in 100Neediest Cases office housed at United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Assist with selecting the cases printed in the St. Louis Post Dispatch
- Communicate with partner agencies regarding cases to get more details for adoptions
- Answer phones and e-mail messages, and respond to donor requests and inquiries
- Send out case information to interested donors for adoptions
- Enter data to record donations into the 100 Neediest Cases database
- Update donor files in the 100 Neediest Cases database
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: