Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Professional Skills
Clerical Intake Assistant
Job Description: Clerical - Intake Assistant
Volunteer Reports to: Manager of Outreach and Volunteer Engagement
Summary: Northside Youth And Senor Service Center is looking for a reliable and detail-oriented volunteer to support the Department Manager of Community Outreach and Volunteer Engagement.
The volunteer will serve as the Clerical Intake Assistant serving clients and residents in the North St. Louis City Area, in need of assistant. The Clerical Intake Assistant must have patience, excellent verbal and written skills to work with clients, the public and the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet visitors, Answer incoming and outgoing calls.
- Maintain and Create new files.
- Receive calls for utility assistance and the Giving Hearts Community Closet.
- Process incoming utility referral calls within 2 days from date of call.
- Enter collected information from client for referral into referral system.
- Verify all client data is entered accurately with client.
- Review all information entered and make corrections as necessary.
- Ensure client consent is received and completed before submitting final referral for service.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client calls and data entered the system.
- Print completed forms for follow-up, monthly reports and tracking purposes.
- Assist in other areas of outreach when needed.
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public.
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail oriented.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Northside’s volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Experience working with confidential information.
Physical activity required to function within this position, including equipment to be utilized.
This position requires moderate physical stamina and strength: sitting, standing, walking, lifting, moving, sorting and copying.
Northside Youth And Senior Service Center follows CDC Social Distance guidelines of 6ft. All volunteers and staff are required to have their temperature taken daily upon entering the building. Masks must be worn at all times while in the building. Volunteers will receive one complimentary bottle of hand sanitizer and one mask. Hand sanitizer is available at all times.
Training & Supervision
- Attend volunteer orientation.
- Completes office orientation which includes training on the following items:
- Phone System Tutorial
- UniteUs / CIE System
- Training and supervision conducted by: designated department staff
- All volunteers complete a 60-day evaluation.
- Monday through Thursday (9am – 2 pm) (flexible)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: