Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Professional Skills
College Outreach Coordinator Internship
A total of 54% of college graduates with disabilities are not employed, compared to 14% of their nondisabled peers.
Starkloff Disability Institute works to make the world a more welcoming and inclusive place for people with disabilities. The Starkloff Career Academy, our flagship program, is a one-of-a-kind career consulting service for job seekers with disabilities seeking professional, competitive employment. Job seekers have access to unique courses and one-on-one consultations to learn career planning, networking, resume building and interviewing, all from a disability-informed perspective. The Starkloff Career Academy has an 80 percent success rate in helping our clients find meaningful careers.
SDI is seeking a creative and outgoing intern to help us reach out to local college students with disabilities. The College Outreach Coordinator Intern will work with SDI staff to create, develop, plan and implement outreach programs targeting current undergrad and graduate students with disabilities in the St. Louis area, with the goal of helping them self-advocate and bridge the gap from college to career.
- Build and maintain relationships with access office, disability resource office, and career center leaders and staff at area colleges and universities to identify opportunities for outreach and increase awareness of Starkloff programs and services.
- Recruit Student Ambassadors from area colleges and universities. Support Student Ambassadors to plan and implement disability-focused events on their campuses.
- Collaborate with students to plan and organize on-campus events to raise awareness, provide resources, information and peer support.
- Conduct research, interviews and focus groups to identify opportunities to increase impact.
- Coordinate with SDI staff to create tools for program evaluation and grant-writing purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current student or recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate-level program;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in issues related to disability. Preferred knowledge of disability-related issues in higher education.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: