Volunteer Management Training Series
This comprehensive, four-session series appropriate for new staff and seasoned professionals, will give you better insight into utilizing your organization's volunteers more effectively. Register Now!
Registration is $25 per person, per session and includes all training materials. All sessions will be held at United Way of Greater St. Louis (910 N. 11th Street, St. Louis, MO 63101).
SESSION 1 - Understanding Volunteering and Planning a Volunteer Program
Tuesday, November 14 | 1 - 4 p.m.
• Overview of volunteer trends in the U.S.
• Characteristics of effective volunteer programs
• Volunteer involvement and motivation models
• Building a mission and vision
• Conducting basic needs assessments
• Creating volunteer position descriptions, policies and budgets
• Building staff support
SESSION 2 - Recruiting and Placing Volunteers
Tuesday, November 21 | 1 - 4 p.m.
• Developing volunteer recruitment strategies and messages
• Accessing underutilized volunteers
• Creating a screening process to minimize risk
• Interviewing volunteers for optimal placements
SESSION 3 - Orienting, Training, Supervising and Recognizing Volunteers
Wednesday, December 6 | 1 - 4 p.m.
• Identifying training needs
• Building a training session
• Effective training delivery
• Defining and communicating expectations
• Supervising and recognizing people with different motivations
• Developing a recognition plan
SESSION 4 - Evaluating Volunteer Programs
Tuesday, December 12 | 1 - 2:30 p.m.
• Deciding what you need to evaluate
• Assessing volunteer satisfaction, management process, and community impact
• Using evaluation information
• Demonstrating the value-add your agency’s volunteer program brings to the community through the Volunteer Program Management Audit
• Overview of the United Way Volunteer Center certification process