Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Long-Term Care (Nursing Home) Ombudsman
Could You Be a Volunteer Ombudsman?
We know you are mad about how our seniors are being treated in long-term care, sad because they've been isolated, and you're ready to do something about it.
We're currently looking for volunteer ombudsmen who will visit a long-term care community regularly, get to know residents, stand up for them, and center their voices... in short, be their VOYCE.
If you have a passion for wanting to help the residents living in skilled, assisted living and residential care communities, we have a volunteer role waiting just for you.
As a volunteer, you will make a real difference.
- Visiting individuals who live in a long-term care community at a location convenient for you each week
- Talking to residents and personally getting to know them on an individual basis
- Giving residents an opportunity to voice concerns about the quality of their lives
- Investigating and advocating for resolutions to resident needs by working with staff caregivers
- Following up with residents to make sure they continue to receive care that meets their specific needs
VOYCE is recruiting 300 volunteers over the next 5 years. Each week, volunteer Ombudsmen drive to a nursing home to spend 1-2 hours a week with residents. To many of the residents, our volunteers are just like family. Some of the residents may not even know that their official title is “Ombudsman”, but what is important is that they know how much our volunteer Ombudsmen care about them and that they are there to help.
Time Schedule: You can pick any day of the week and any time that is convenient for you to visit the long-term care residents in your community. You can visit as few as two hours or as much as four hours.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: