Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Board
Board of Directors Member
The Lobular Breast Cancer Alliance (LBCA) is a three-year-old, national group that was created by patients with ILC who were desperate for more information, incensed that their different cancer subtype was thought of and treated just like ductal, and compelled to spread the word about ILC and advocate vigorously for more ILC research. In 2020, LBCA began the transition from being strictly volunteer-run to being an organization with a small paid staff and a handful of volunteers who support our mission and vision. National in scope, our work is completed entirely virtually.
LBCA seeks board members who will champion LBCA’s mission, who may have been directly impacted by ILC, and who are deeply caring and will be dedicated to promoting and helping LBCA fund ILC research. We believe that serving on our Board of Directors will be an extraordinary opportunity to be part of something great that will help change the future for women diagnosed with lobular breast cancer. Our expectations of LBCA Board of Directors are as follows.
- Make the Lobular Breast Cancer Alliance a top priority.
- Serve actively.
- Prepare for and attend and conscientiously participate in monthly two-hour Board meetings virtually and one in-person meeting/year, and be available for phone consultation outside of meetings.
- Participate in one or more committees that may arise.
- Contribute individual expertise and knowledge in the deliberations of the Board and act as a resource for staff when called upon.
- Be an ambassador and advocate for the Lobular Breast Cancer Alliance.
- Understand and articulate LBCA’s mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Show support for LBCA’s policies and decisions.
- Engage, as needed with LBCA’s volunteer network – including advocates and scientific advisors - by participating when possible in volunteer-driven events.
- Engage actively in meeting the LBCA’s financial goals.
- Assist in the cultivation of prospective donors and sponsors including attending special events as a representative of the Board.
- Facilitate financial opportunities and other productive relationships for the organization.
- Have the financial acumen to read and understand LBCA’s financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Make a personally meaningful financial contribution(s) to the organization each year without being asked.
- Other expectations
- Follow LBCA’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions.
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters.
- Directors are expected to serve a three year term and may serve up to two consecutive three year terms before a requisite one year break.
The ideal board candidate should have prior nonprofit board member experience and will provide a resume that highlights former board member activity and employment history. Interested applicants should be prepared to provide two character and two work-related references.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: