Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Community Investment Strategy: Provide Food and Shelter
Provide Food and Shelter focuses on nonprofits that support people’s most basic needs by providing immediate support and positioning the individual for independence long-term. As a volunteer reviewer for this impact area, you will review nonprofit applications that focus on crisis intervention, food security, housing security, legal assistance, and transportation.
Volunteers must be able to meet the minimum requirements to serve as a community investment volunteer:
• Be at least 18 years of age or older
• Not serving as a member of a non-profit agency’s Board of directors that may be considered for funding
• Not volunteering with a non-profit agency that may be applying for funding consideration
• Available to attend mandatory training in March 2020
• Ability to commit to at least 20 hours in April 2020
• Ability to access an online electronic scoring tool
Apply to Volunteer:
Step 1: Click the button “Send Me More Info!” and either login into your STLVolunteer account or register to create a new account.
Step 2: Answer the questions that appear in the pop-up box and click submit.
If you are experiencing technical issues please make sure you are using a supported browser (Chrome, Safari, Microsft Edge, Firefox, etc.) Internet Explorer is not supported.
Each volunteer will review a specific performance area of the application. Review the different performance areas below and note which one you are best positioned to review based on your expertise and/or familiarity.
1) Program – Volunteers will review nonprofit programs to determine if local nonprofits are meeting community need, are utilizing good program fidelity practices, and are achieving outcomes with strong trends and benchmarks. Preferred volunteers for this role should have experience in project coordination, program management, or quality improvement.
2) Administration – Volunteers will review nonprofits' administrative functions including workforce policies and procedures, volunteer policies and procedures, and regulatory oversight. Preferred volunteers for this role should have experience in human resources or personnel management.
3) Finance – Volunteers will review nonprofit financial planning, oversight, and overall financial stability. Preferred volunteers for this role should have experience in accounting, auditing, or finance.
4) Governance – Volunteers will review nonprofit governance structure including board policies and strategic planning practices. Preferred volunteers for this role should have experience in strategic planning, organizational governance, or experience sitting on a nonprofit Board of Directors.
5) Open: Undecided/available to support any performance area
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: