Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Board Member Experience
Area Board Member
Mission of the Area Board: Area Boards provide strategic volunteer leadership to the American Cancer Society which accelerates the mission of the American Cancer Society, increases our relevance, and generates revenue. They are composed of dedicated leadership volunteers empowered to develop and execute strategic plans in a specific geography.
Area Board members serve on the Area Board and are responsible for representing ACS in the area and will use their sphere of influence to garner resources and further the mission of the Society in the area.
The Area Board Member Responsibilities include:
- Participating at meetings; virtual or in person
- Board members serve three-year terms with a limit of two consecutive terms
- Leading by example in supporting the mission of the Society and influencing others around them
- Acting as a spokesperson, through effective communication, to support the Society’s mission
- Obtaining resources (financial and volunteer) to deliver the American Cancer Society’s mission in the area
- Commitment to annual giving and participation in fundraising events
- Stewardship and recognition of companies, volunteers, and donors in the area
- Establishing linkages and partnerships with other volunteer structures and affinity groups (i.e., Relay, Strides, Distinguished Events, ACS CAN, CEOs Against Cancer, Coaches vs. Cancer, Young Professional chapters, etc.)
- Connecting with all community leadership volunteers and Councils in the defined area geography
- Collaborating with other community partners (i.e., FQHC, Hospital Systems, etc.)
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: